Thursday, November 20, 2008

Xbox Avatars: Do Not Want

Just installed the "New Xbox Experience," and the avatars are fucking garbage. Back when the Wii came out, Miis were charming, fun, and easy to make. Avatars are none of these things. Instead of simple yet surprisingly versatile creation options, we get an endless parade of douchebags, none of which look like you, and the available tools don't allow much deviation from that shitty standard. You can't even create some sort of hideous freak, which would really take the edge off.

I might have some impressions of the "Experience" itself, but I've spent the last couple of hours wrestling with this damn avatar bullshit, so I have no idea what the rest of the interface is like. Once I've managed form my dude into something that won't make me want to kill myself every time I turn on my Xbox, I might share some of that Experience(tm) with you.

Until then, if you see me online please forgive my douchey appearance, and I will forgive yours.

No comments: