Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Best of Garfield

As you may or may not know, one of the things I like to is to take Garfield comic strips and replace the text in them to make them either much funnier, or much stupider. But what you may not know, is that I've been doing this for a much longer time than I've had this blog. So, if you've only seen the ones posted on here, then you've missed out on over 100 of these very special strips. Today I am going to share a few of these with you. I'm not going to share all of them, because on the whole most of them tend to fall on the stupid side of the funny/stupid scale, especially the early ones, so I'm just going to share the ones that I consider good or noteworthy in some way. And, because I'm apparently a pompous asshole, I'm going to provide commentary on each one, so yay for self-aggrandization!

Before we begin, I should point out there are two series of these comics. I started Series 1 back in high school, and I never really bothered to keep track of them, so there are a few that have probably just disappeared. Of the ones that didn't succumb to my foolishness, there are 75 left. I have never posted any comics from Series 1. Series 2 was where I started to take things a bit more seriously, and tried to at least make most of them actually funny, instead of just weird or somewhat amusingly vulgar. I also began to order them, which I didn't do in Series 1, which makes them a bit more cohesive. Because yeah, that's what they needed, cohesion. So, do I sound enough like an asshole yet? Good, now take a deep breath and brace yourself for the coming storm.

When you are ready to continue, please click here.

No comments: