Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Your Weekly Schadenfreude, Brought to You by Idiots

I've been trying to avoid any news about this woman who recently gave birth to octuplets (which my spell check tells me isn't even a real word) because really, I just don't care. But, while flipping through channels today I discovered this hilarious new development. Apparently her doctor offered her the option to selectively abort a few of the fetuses so that they wouldn't, you know, kill her on the way out or something. She was told that having that many babies at once, they would have to spend a lot of time in intensive care. Well, the hospital has started tallying up the bill for that hospital stay. They estimate that the eight weeks of care will cost $2500 per day, PER BABY. For everyone who isn't a genius who did the math in their heads instantly just now, that works out to a total of just over...

ONE MEEEEEEELLION DOLLARS!

So yeah, since she apparently already has 6 other kids, this woman now has 14 children, no job, and one million dollars in debt.

I've done some stupid things in my life, but I take great comfort in the fact that I've never done anything this dumb.

No comments: